2010年11月7日 星期日

My jazz weekend in Hong Kong (Oct. 8~10)

Knowing that Jazz is one of my favorite music types, my lovely bear surprised me this time with a weekend filled with jazz. Firstly, he took me to a jazz bar called "Ned Kelly's Last Stand"; which he noticed once on a street. It was the first time for us both there and it turned out to be a wonderful place! I was really amused with the fun and energetic music played there. It was more like an "entertainment" rather than simply playing jazz. The host (a trumpet player), Colin Aitchison, had fun comments every now and then during each song played. And a few customers from Russia even danced on the floor. It was such a candy for both our eyes and ears!
On the second night, Bear took me to the last show of Hong Kong International Jazz Festival 2010 at Hong Kong City Hall. The performer, Stanley Jordan from USA, amazed me with his magical finger techniques!! I don't know much about playing a guitar but I just couldn't imagine playing two chords with both hands at the same time. And it was a jazz chord~! Purely magic


沒有留言:

張貼留言